About

What is it about those teachers who work in the Middle Years? Why do they become professionally and personally interested – invested – in working with young adolescence?
…the raging hormone, the sullenness and the forgetfulness, the not-quite-right smells that come from a Middle Years classroom…

Who would want to deal with that every day?
There are plenty of people who see this age group – this developmental stage – as a time of purpose and passion, a time when the possibility of making a difference in the lives of students is perhaps at its height.

That is certainly the case for me.
For the past 13 years, I have taught in the Middle Years. Along the way I have had more experiences and growth-points that I could probably remember. I’ve also had amazing opportunities to learn and grow as a professional.

This blog will, hopefully, be a collection of comments and thoughts on my life as a Middle Years teacher and leader. I trust they will challenge others in their journey through the Middle Years of Education.

David Wilcox

Toowoomba
Australia

email me

One thought on “About

1. Hi,
    I am really impressed with your blog post, it is really good and you are maintaining it very well. I would like to submit my post on your blog (as guest post) with my website link. Mostly I create about educational and student related subjects. Please let me know if you are accepting guest posts and I’m ready to discuss my contents with you, I promise you with unique, quality and 100% plagiarism free content. I am looking forward to get your reply.
    Thank You,
    Tanya Schenck